The Environmental Protection Agency again is raising objections to the proposed Keystone XL pipeline that would carry oil from western Canada to the Texas Gulf Coast.
The RCMP says that the two men charged today in connection with an alleged plot to attack a Via Rail passenger train received "direction and guidance" from al-Qaeda in Iran. If that should be confirmed, it will likely be the first time that the group has supported an attack or attempted attack in the West, according to Seth Jones, a security expert.
Officials with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans are investigating after a fourth headless sea lion was found dead on a Campbell River beach on Vancouver Island.
Artist David Blackwood is known for his iconic prints of Newfoundland, which range from wondrous scenes of whales diving under fishing boats to harrowing depictions of sealers awaiting their death on Labrador ice floes.
Earthquakes, polluted air, cancer clusters near industrialized centres. China seems to be undergoing a scourge of almost biblical proportions, Patrick Brown writes. And don't think its people — or its new leaders — haven't noticed.
A rise in citizenship applications and a process some say has become too complicated have created a growing backlog of permanent residents awaiting word on whether they can become Canadian citizens.
Delivering the same popular features as previous models with a few new bonuses, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a successful franchise on cruise control, reviewer Peter Nowak says.
Two weeks after going public the story of her daughter's death, Leah Parsons has been offered a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper to discuss proposed changes to the Criminal Code.
An engineer is facing charges in relation to a mall collapse last year in Elliot Lake, Ont., that left two women dead
One of the high-tech tools that helped police capture the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing was an infrared camera that can see through materials such as plastic.
- Building cleaner (washroom cleaner) (Midland - Ontario)
- Insurance sales representative (REF # CPJB NTH 04/01/13) (Midland - Ontario)
- Acetylene torch operator - metal fabrication (Able to cut steel) (Midland - Ontario)
- Marine repair technician (Fibreglass / Gelcoat Repair) (Midland - Ontario)
- Attendant, laundry (Laundry Aide) (Midland - Ontario)
New Featured Material
- Much anticipated tourist attraction opens to public; 'What the volunteers have done with the ship is outstanding.'
- Businesses thrilled Chi-Cheemaun to return Friday
- Tough Mudder challenge in Oro-Medonte
- Simcoe County students taking part in model UN
- Judge to decide how long it will take for former Orillia resident to be eligible for parole