Memberships are available free of charge to all residents of Midland. We also offer memberships to those living on Christian Island or in Oro-Medonte. Midland Public Library offers reciprocal Library Memberships to anyone living in Barrie, Orillia, Penetanguishene, or Tay, with a valid library card in those communities. Tiny Township will arrange with residents for reimbursement of their non-resident fee. Students living in other communities but going to high school in Midland are also eligible for free MPL membership. Contact the library for student ID requirements. Valid ID must be shown as proof of address for registration. Children under the age of 14 must have their membership authorized by a parent or guardian. Library memberships are due for renewal every 2 years for residents of Midland, and annually for all other memberships.
If you live outside of these areas you are still welcome to join the library, however memberships fees will apply as follows:
- $150.00 per year
- $90.00 for 6 months
- $60.00 for 3 months
- $35.00 for 1 month
MakerPlace membership fees for non-residents are:
- $60.00 per year
- $15.00 per day
as well as materials costs as listed on our MakerPlace page.
In order to obtain a membership, visit the library with a piece of government-issued ID which lists your current household address.
Children under the age of 14 must have their library cards authorized by a parent or guardian.
Library memberships are due for renewal every 2 years for residents of Midland, and annually for all other memberships.
Patrons accept full responsibility for all materials checked out on their accounts and for any fines associated with lost, late, or damaged materials associated with their account. If your library card is lost, please contact the library immediately to report it. Replacement cards can be issued for a fee of $3.
A valid library card or government issued ID must be presented to check out materials.
Printing, Photocopying & Fax Services
Printing is available through any one of our public access computer stations located on the first and second floors of the Midland Public Library. You can also try our wireless printing service via the ePRINTitapp (turn on your location and select Midland Public Library) or at ePRINTit – Secure Cloud Solution. Choose Midland Public Library.
Patrons are reminded to use the print preview function when printing from our public internet computers as they are responsible for paying for all pages printed.
The print management software on the computers will tell patrons how many pages they are printing and the total price. After reviewing the information, click “OK” twice. When ready, patrons then pay the staff at the Information Desk and the print job is released to the printer beside the Information Desk.
Price per page for printing:
- Black & White: $0.25/pg
- Color: $1.00/pg
Our photocopying service is available on the main floor, located behind the main circulation desk. The photocopier is operated by staff members only. They will process your photocopying requests.
Price per page for printing:
|Copy Style||8.5 x 11"||8.5 x 14"||11 x 17"|
|Black & White||$0.25||$0.25||$0.50|
Our fax service is available on the main floor, located behind the main circulation desk. Staff at the main desk will process your faxing requests for you.
Price per page for faxing:
- Sending a fax: $2.00 for the 1st page, $0.50 for each additional page
- Receiving a fax: $0.50 per page
All prices for printing, copying and faxing are subject to change without notice.
The Midland Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of the residents of Midland & its surrounding communities. To support these goals, the Library may proctor exams for the residents of Midland and/or members of the Midland Public Library, subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources.
- Examinations must occur during the Library’s regular hours of operation. Library staff will attempt to meet the scheduling needs of the examination taker. Staff has the final authority when setting the date and time of examinations. Rescheduling of test appointments is subject to the approval of the CEO.
- The student bears sole responsibility for ensuring that all examination requirements have been met.
- Midland Public Library accepts no responsibility for any charges involved in proctoring (e.g. postal charges, photocopying, etc.).
- There is no cost to Midland residents or anyone holding a valid Midland Public Library card, for this proctoring service. However, where an institution pays for the proctoring of an exam the payment should be made payable to: Midland Public Library.
- Anyone requesting exam proctoring that is not a local resident or does not hold a Midland Public Library Card will be charged a proctoring fee. The Library charges $40 per student per exam up to two hours and $50 for a three hour exam.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse the request if the student provides inaccurate or incomplete information.
- The Library will not accommodate an exam if it cannot meet conditions outlined by an institution. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure Library proctors are acceptable under their institution’s examination policies.
- The Library will not be liable for any missing items, papers, samples or other documents related to the exam.